BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let's catch up... Nutter Butter Truffles

Okay, it has been some time since I posted here. I don't get to create little treats often, since I can only afford to for holidays, or when someone else is paying for supplies. I was laid off from work in August, and still have yet to find work. Therefore, I really shouldn't spend ANY money on baking... but I just can't say no ALL of the time. :) Due to that, I figured I'd just leave this blog behind.... like all the others. I already post pictures of my creations on Facebook and Flickr, and I figure no one even sees this blog. In a way, it seems pointless, but then again... maybe... someone is reading this and I'll manage to say something they find useful.

With that in mind, I am here, once again, and plan to play catch up. I'm making a few separate posts, one for each thing I have made in the time I've been absent. Let's get started...

Nutter Butter Truffles

It was my friend's birthday and he LOVES peanut Butter, so I had a perfectly good excuse to finally give these suckers a try.


I made them back in June and only took a couple of photos using my phone. I followed Bakerella's recipe exactly. Making these was a much better experience than my first one, with the red velvet cupcake bites. I've found that the chocolate bark works very well with dipping by spoon, while the wilton candy melts are only good when making "pops" and dipping with a stick. When I try to dip into the candy melts with a spoon, I don't get a nice smooth ball when I'm done. I even made something last night, and tried thinning it, but still wound up having to make them into pops. These however, came out perfect and where so easy to dip in the melted chocolate bark. I placed them on waxed paper and used a toothpick to push away the excess chocolate at the bottom. Once they had cooled, I drizzled some with more chocolate bark, and sprinkled nutter butter crumbs on the others (of course, the crumbs were sprinkled BEFORE the chocolate had hardened). They were delicious, and everyone raved about their taste and appearance.

I stored these in a plastic container at room temperature, for about a week or so, until they were all eaten.

0 comments: